Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pique Nique! V2

Met Steph for dinner 2 weeks ago and we decided on Pique nique because we never tried their main courses before. Went there for their desserts at Jcube before and was so tempted to try their mains and glad that I did! Googled their menu before visiting and I already decided what I wanted even before I arrived there.

My pique nique classique burger
Photobucket

This was super good! The beef patty was moist, flavourful and huge, topped with the slice of cheese. And the bun was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The fries were nice as well, probably because it was salty. Felt super guilty after eating them. But always very glad whenever the food I order turn out nice, but that also means that when I visit again, I'm more likely to stick to the safer choice. Hahaha.

Steph's farmer's omelette
Photobucket

Which she enjoyed as well.

We actually just ordered one main each, but then a family of 5 came and ordered desserts to share. 5 of them shared 3 desserts, which all looked so good, much to our dismay. So we decided to order this! It was either the cakes or a dessert. Really hate when I have to choose, especially between desserts. There were waffles, brownies and sticky date and toffee pudding. But we eventually decided on brownies because Steph really liked the brownies I baked last time.
Photobucket

We tried very hard to avoid the fresh cream and swept it aside, hahaha, the health conscious. The brownie was warm and moist, going very well with the cold ice cream. Haven't had brownies in a long long time so I really enjoyed it. I know you can't really see the brownie from this photo. The scoop of ice cream was really big. Steph said she still prefers the brownie I baked. So I guess I'll bake brownies some time, when I don't feel so lazy.

Went to Mango after dinner to shop a little since their sale just started, and really, Steph and I always manage to buy the same item, though in different colours. Hahaha, but luckily, we never ever wear the same item when we meet. Really glad to have Steph stand by me still though the 4 of us from JC don't meet or talk as often now. I was so pleasantly surprised when I bumped into Steph at the Harbourfront ferry terminal. It turned out that she was going to Batam as well! But we were not on the same ferry, neither did we stay in the same hotel. Still, it was nice to know that such a coincidence existed(:

2 comments:

jx:D said...

Haha, want to haolian tt the brownies that you baked are v nice right!:P
I DON'T BELIEVE!Need evidence and proof:P

Samantha said...

EYYY last time gave you also leh!! Got proof and evidence!