Monday, January 21, 2013

Define: Love

I think I've finally figured out what love is. All along, I've always tried to define love by feelings, how I feel towards a person, how the other party feels towards me (read: self centred thoughts revolving around myself). But today I realized that feelings don't matter a single bit towards defining love.

I realized today. how much I love my family. I've always doubted whether I truly love them. What a thought, right? Though I assumed so, and felt like I did, but never once was I sure that I loved them because of how I defined love. But now I'm sure.

Love is defined not by telling the people that you love them, but by showing them through your actions. Not the intentional ones like buying something you think they might like. Yes, those are acts of love but the nagging that they have to hear from you because you care for them and worry for them speaks volumes more because honestly, you wouldn't say a single thing when you don't give a damn at all. Never did it occur to me that such an annoying act towards the other person could be an indication of love, but yes, it is.

I found my answer when I wasn't looking for it at all. So enlightened now. Perhaps you already know this, but for me, better late than never(:


2 comments:

jx:D said...

haha, some also express their love by BULLYING others:D:D:D:D

ting yu said...

<3