Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Favourite cake

Does anyone have a favourite cake? I know all I talk about is food and the occasional drabble sometimes, but I really love having nice food! Sometimes when I anticipate that I'd have something more unique, my bubble is totally burst when someone suggests food court. Like !$^*))@%&(&%$#. Not that I always want to have expensive food or anything, I do eat at food courts, coffee shops and hawker centres during my lunch time and I enjoy hawker fare like yong tau foo, dumpling noodles and all.. But my point is that if someone is going to suggest food republic or something, I rather eat something nicer by paying a little more.

So here's my favourite cake, or just one of my favourites, or just another in my whole long list of favourites. Hahaha. The starbuck's Chocolate peanut butter stack! What more can I ask for? All my favourites in a cake. But I really do need to state that I cannot finish one entire slice on my own! CVD, Diabetes and HTN will all come looking for me if I do finish one whole slice. Meant to be shared among two or more people. Look at the thick layer of caramel. This is also my grandma's favourite. She actually told me to learn how to make. But how, I cannot find any recipe for it. With so many different layers of. chocolate and peanut butter,  I doubt it'd be any easy work so I'm much better off buying one slice from Starbucks. Better than baking one entire cake and having to try very hard to desperately finish the cake.



Next up, two cakes I tried recently at Pique Nique because my Mum had a one-for-one voucher!

Red velvet cake. First time trying a red velvet cake! I know this is so random, but  the powder(??) or rather, cake crumbs at the top always remind me of a golf course, though it's not green at all. No idea why. Really pretty looking, but sadly was a little too dry for our liking. I liked the cream cheese though! Better shared. I always think it's good to share desserts, then you get to try a bit of everything, right?

Chocolate caramel cake! Wow this was really really good. Don't be fooled by its plain and ordinary brown looking exterior, it's full of goodness inside. Okay I know this sounds like some tagline out of an advertisement, but really! Topped with a chocolate shortbread and layer of ganache, beneath lay a layer of salted caramel (which I tried for the very first time) and mini cubes of chocolatey things (really have to use 'things' because I have no idea what they were) and the last layer which was chocolate mousse. But as always, I wouldn't be able to finish this on my own. Too much of something good can become bad as well. Reminds me of a quote from Joy Luck club about Lena and her ice cream. 'I wondered why eating so much ice cream made me feel so terrible', something like that. 

Pot of Earl Grey tea which we ordered as well. We were pretending to have high tea when it was already six in the evening. Hahaha. It was nice having a cup of warm tea after having the cakes. 

Sometimes when life gets too routine, I can't help but fall into the trap of thinking that everyone with a certain condition behaves/thinks the same way. But this is so untrue. No two people are ever the same, so how can I treat them all the same? Which is why I admire people who can remain dedicated in their job even after 20 years. Hence I constantly remind myself that 'Everyone has a story.' Everyone is a dearly loved son/daughter/father/mother, however they might behave. I believe by having constant reminders, this will become a habit in time to come. And while I once mentioned that one should never compare oneself with others, I believe that everyone should strive to be a better person than they were the day before. And that is how we improve.

1 comment:

jx:D said...

Haha so many cakes! Lol the starbucks one look so sickeningly sweet! :p lol