Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wonderful weekends

In my imagination, weekends were meant to be spent looking for nice cafes, trying out food at never-been-to restaurants. Basically nothing significant but just enjoyable so that we face the next week refreshed and ready to take on the coming week.

So I finally got to go to Strictly Pancakes. I've been looking at their menu since like forever. Rather accessible and it was within walking distance from Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. It was already rather crowded when we arrived at about 12. I think we got the last seats, so I guess we were quite lucky and didn't need to wait. 

Maple syrup and butter. They had quite a few choices of butter. Su xian and I both chose garlic and herb butter. I liked the maple syrup glass which was designed to slant sideways. I really really love pancakes. I don't really like carbohydrates in general, like rice or noodles, but give me pancakes and waffles anytime! And I don't even need them garnished with any special sauce or cooked in any special way. Just pancakes or waffles drizzled with honey or maple syrup would make me a happy girl. 

So here's my double stack, basically just two pancakes looking so pathetic. Didn't want to add sides like eggs or sausages because Su xian suggested having the sweet pancakes as a dessert to be shared. And the waitress taking our orders actually looked a little shocked that we wanted to order three 'sets' for just two of us. It came with just the two pancakes on the huge plate so I hurriedly placed the butter and maple syrup on the plate to make it look less pathetic hahaha. The pancakes were really fluffy and thick, unlike the ones we make at home. And these pancakes tasted less sweet as well, if you get what I mean. Pancakes usually taste a little sweet, right? And I actually finished the maple syrup, while Su xian finished her butter. 

Su xian's Chicken a la king. She says it tasted good! I think I tasted the chicken which was chicken fillet. So it wasn't tough or dry like the chicken breast. 

And here! The dessert pancake I've been wanting to try: What a spread! A mixture of all my favourites. Peanut butter pancakes with nutella spread and ice cream! And the kinder bueno is a bonus. Hahaha. I actually wanted to order just this and Su xian insisted that this was a dessert. And when they served this after we finished our first 'set', the girls at the next table looked at us like we were gluttons. There they were at their tables complaining that they couldn't finish their own set of pancakes and here we were, starting on our dessert. But they did admit that this looked really good. And I loved this so much, really. I'm going to order this again if I ever visit once more. And this time, it will be my main course. Though the peanut butter taste was not really strong, it tasted good with all my favourite flavours mixed altogether. 

Had a really satisfying meal and as usual, I didn't know how full I was until moments after I finished my meal, which meant that I actually over-ate again. But I let it pass then because it's my favourite food of all time. Shall look for more places that serve pancakes! Please don't tell me Macdonald's Hotcakes, though I used to like those too, but I've since stopped having Macdonalds because of articles I read about how unhealthy they are and all so..


2 comments:

jx:D said...

Haha, the dessert one looks really nice!:D Must go there again with MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ^^

jx:D said...

Haha, the dessert one looks really nice!:D Must go there again with MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ^^