Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Korea!

So after much procrastination I'm here to blog about my Korea trip! Since I didn't write much in my diary because I was so busy and tired every night in Korea. This shall serve as a diary for myself too:D

Day 1: 26th May

After 2 flights, we finally reached Korea. We transited in Hong Kong because that way, the air tickets would be cheaper so that translates into more money to spend. But I was so tired after the flights though. Boarded the plane at 1:15am and couldn't sleep at all. The chair was quite uncomfortable and hard. Reached Hong Kong at about 5am and slept at the airport till about 7 or 8 before the flight at 9am. So I actually only slept 2 or 3 hours for the entire night. But! When I reached Korea I was so full of energy because I was just so excited! I didn't tell this to anyone, though I always assured my mum that we would be fine but actually I was really secretly scared of taking the subway, not really scared but afraid that we would get lost or something since we didn't know how to buy the tickets and all. It was quite scary, after I looked at the machine and there was no way to buy tickets to Hongdae (where my guesthouse was located). And because my Korean language skills was so lousy. Eventually we found the correct machine so it was all good. Upon reaching Hongdae, there were more challenges. Couldn't find the correct exit to get out from and then we panicked, trying to ask other people but obviously they didn't know where pencil guesthouse was located. But we took a chance and exited from a random exit and it was the right one. The next part was looking for the guesthouse. I watched the video that guided us to the guesthouse so it was quite okay! I think I would be able to remember if I were to stay there again.
The guesthouse was quite small, but self-sufficient I would say. There was a washing machine, stove, refrigerator, television. Like a house in we got married! Haha!

So by the time we reached the guesthouse and finished unpacking and changed into shorts because the weather was not as cold as I expected it to be, it was almost time for dinner. The weather was awesome by the way! Can't really remember the exact temperature, but it was like natural air con. And I didn't really wear my jacket. Settled for a small homely restaurant near the guesthouse. This was what I had! Spicy beef soup. It's called Yukgaejang, something I never tried before. The spiciest soup I had in Korea, but the soup was really really good! Was quite determined to eat a lot of beef in Korea since they're known for that and I did! Almost all my meals had beef in them, though I seldom eat beef in Singapore.


Copied the pose but my left hand was in the wrong position
Stealing their card
Then after dinner we headed to Trick Eye Museum (Hongdae station exit 9)! Found it with some help from the help centre. It was quite a small museum and the admission fees was quite expensive as well. I think about $17 per person. And we only stayed there for a short time because well, my family didn't really fancy taking photos. That explains why I have so few photos. It was still fun though! Although the photos didn't capture the sights I saw. Damn sad that the entire pictures/paintings weren't captured!! I would visit this museum again if I visit Korea again! Hehe. Didn't do much on the first night because we just walked around Hongdae. It was really crowded because it was a Saturday night. I liked observing how the Koreans dress because they put in quite a bit of effort into dressing up. I was the only one in slippers on the subway everywhere I went. Quite a different sight from what I see in Singapore.

Favourite!

Soju which I'm never ever drinking again. 

So I said I was going to eat all the food I blogged about in my earlier post. That's the first! Deokbokki! I always cannot finish it though it's a portion for one. The green bottles are bottles of soju. Omg I cannot imagine why people like drinking it. I guess it's just me, who has never had much alcohol before. Had just a little mouthful of it and I really disliked it. But I had to finish the entire bottle within 7 days. I think it was the first time I got dizzy from drinking alcohol.

Visited Tony Moly as well, my favourite beauty brand. Didn't buy much on the first day except for the stuff my friend told me to get for her.

So that's all for day one. I'll do day two soon!

No comments: