Saturday, June 16, 2012

Adage

Just wondering why people always tend to pick on me because of the things I don't do. It's not like I make mistakes very often or I display my character flaw everyday. But people only see the faults, or in particular, my faults and choose to amplify them such that it becomes a major character flaw like immature, don't know how to think. It makes me feel so upset that people closest to me think this bad of me. And this hurts the most. I know that these criticisms come because they want me to change, but it can never be pleasant to listen to them.

And why not focus on the things I do, and praise me for it? It's not that I do things for the sake of being praised, but just some encouragement. Is that too much to ask?

I think we need to give encouragement more often instead of criticism. No one is perfect and no one will ever be, so why should we not accept people for who they are? I don't think I'm that bad a person that I need to change drastically.

No comments: